Because the publication of memorials in the Princeton Alumni Weekly is delayed by deadline and available space, the class will publish the loss of one of our members here  as soon as possible. PAW Memorials, to which our website is linked, are listed alphabetically.  Notices published here will be listed chronologically with the most recent at the top of the page. They will be listed in the year they occur.

To view remembrances submitted by classmates, click here  (Classmates can post personal remembrances of their deceased friends under the Remembrances tag in their own personal profiles - MY PROFILE. These remembrances can then be shared with class members by viewing the entries on this link.)




The Reverend Rocco C. Memolo

June 8, 2018


We learned that our congenial classmate Rocco “Rocky” Memolo, a longtime resident of Gilford and Laconia, New Hampshire, died June 8, 2018, at Lakes Region General Hospital after a period of declining health. He had recently been diagnosed with inoperable cancer.

He was a warm and friendly classmate, invariably upbeat, loving, caring, and high-spirited. Tower club mate Doug Harrison described him as “the nicest person I have ever met and I don’t think anyone would dispute my description.”

Rocky graduated from Berlin High School, Berlin, New Hampshire. At Princeton, he became involved in campus activities immediately. He was a member of the sailing team freshman and sophomore years and was elected to the UGA as a dormitory representative. Rocky was elected as an undergraduate member of the Board of Trustees of the Princeton University Store where he worked part-time.

He majored in Philosophy and penned his thesis on Paul Tillich. He roomed with Rod McNealy and David Drain sophomore year, continuing as Rod McNealy’s roommate junior and senior years. He was a member of Tower Club.

In our Nassau Herald, he wrote of his intended future to study in Theology as seminarian for the Diocese of Manchester, New Hampshire.

The path to his aspirations went through Rome, Italy and the Pontifical Gregorian University of Rome. He was ordained in 1976 after receiving a Bachelor of Sacred Theology degree. He then returned to his native New Hampshire and spent nearly 20 years of his life ministering as a Catholic priest and was assigned to parishes in Exeter, Dover, Merrimack, Laconia, Plaistow, College Station, Texas, Nashua and Gorham where he was pastor of Holy Name Parish. Later he worked as a Counselor at Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia, New Hampshire until health forced his retirement.

Rocky was very proud of his family, his Italian heritage, his years in parish ministry, and being a Princeton alumnus. He attended every major reunion of his class until last year and celebrated Mass at several reunions. He was proud to be able to donate to Princeton every year, determined in some small way to help those high school graduates from families of limited financial means—like his own—to have the caliber of higher education that he received. He also supported the North American College in Rome where he lived for four years while studying at the Gregorian.

In 2015, the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston honored Rocky for living with insulin-dependent diabetes for 50 years.

Rocky was predeceased by his parents, Fio and Michela “Millie” Memolo and is survived by his sister, Faye of Georgia; his brother, Louis of Gorham, and Michael Mortensen of Gilford with whom he made his home. He is also survived by four uncles, two aunts and numerous cousins.

The Class sends its condolences to the friends and family of Rocky.






James Richard Todd.

April 2, 2018


We learned the sad news that James Richard Todd died peacefully in Tucson, Arizona where he lived after a long battle with colon cancer. Known affectionately as ”Toad,” Jim was an affable and easy going member of the class. He was 68 years old.

Jim was from Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, northwest of Pittsburgh, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Clifford Todd. He graduated from Hopewell High School.

Jim played freshman football and roomed in Brown Hall with Dave Updegraff and John Giovannone (D) where he met his future sophomore suitemates in Foulke, Doug Briggs (D), Gene Brissie, Andy Parrott, Wayne Smith, Dave Updegraff and Tom Yoder. He roomed with Carter Simpson senior year.

Jim majored in Biology and following graduation attended William and Mary to study Evolutionary Biology. He moved to Tucson, Arizona and started a career with A.G. Edwards as financial advisor and retired from Wells Fargo Advisors after a thirty-seven year career in this field.

At the request of sophomore roommate Gene Brissie, Jim returned to Princeton for our 40th reunion. It should come as no surprise that his new friends in Tucson enjoyed his company as much as his Princeton classmates. In Tucson, he was known as an avid reader, loved to travel and loved all kinds of music. He was a gourmet cook and an enthusiastic volunteer every week at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. He remained a passionate Pittsburgh Steelers fan. He was loved by his clients and his co-workers were supportive throughout his career to the end.

From his obituary:

Jim is survived by his wife, Tuni, his inherited son, Gaffney; his sister, Julie Cundiff and husband Jim Cundiff and a “bunch of wonderfully dedicated friends who feel like family because he was a wonderful friend to all. No date has been set for a celebration of his Life. In lieu of flowers, please donate to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum or a cancer charity of your choice. We are all pleased to have been in the presence of the Toad. GO STEELERS!”


The Class sends condolences to his family.




William Frederick Binder,Jr.

December 21, 2017


We have learned of the sudden, unexpected death of one of our athletic team leaders, William F. “Bill” Binder at his home in Boca Raton, Florida on December 21, 2017.

The son of Mr. and Mrs. William F. Binder, Sr., and a native of Yardville, NJ, Bill came to Princeton from Bordentown Military Institute where he played basketball and baseball. He continued his love of baseball at Princeton as a catcher and first baseman on the varsity team and was elected captain for the 1971-72 season.

Bill majored in Basic Engineering and in sophomore year became a member of Tower Club. Senior year he roomed in Patton Hall with John Davren, Charles Hughes, Bob Maguire and Bill Schaefer.

Following graduation, Bill was drafted in the 29th round of Major League Baseball’s June draft by the San Francisco Giants. He played one season with the Great Falls Giants (Montana) of the Pioneer League.

Following baseball, Bill operated the Yardville Inn in Yardville, NJ before beginning a career in commercial real estate. He retired as Vice President Commercial Division of Auletta Realty in Lawrenceville, NJ.

Bill is survived by his wife Joann Binder at their home in Boca Raton, Fl; sons, William F. Binder III and Brent G. Binder; and grandchildren, Neela and Aviva.

A memorial fund in Bill’s honor has been established. Contributions should be made in Bill’s name to Friends of Princeton Baseball. Please mail to Friends of Princeton Athletics, 330 Alexander Street, Princeton, NJ 08540, attn.: Alexis Brock.

The class sends condolences to the family.




Robert J. Stack

December 2, 2017


Robert James Stack, a steady and affable classmate, died December 2, 2017 in London, England of pancreatic cancer after a nearly year long regimen of chemotherapy.

Bob came to Princeton from Coughlin High School in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. He was heavily recruited by several colleges including Princeton for football and track. An early admit and accept at Lafayette, he delighted the Princeton coaching staffs when he decided on Princeton. He was a member of the track team until a recurring injury from a high school all-star football game cut his Princeton athletic career short. He roomed at Princeton for four years with Rich Jablonski, Bob Schuster, Tom Hutton, Carl Arentzen, and T.J Ward. As a sophomore, he joined Dial Lodge with several of his roommates. He graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor Science Degree from the Civil and Geological Engineering Department, with a concentration in Systems Engineering.

In 1977, he received an MBA from the University of Bridgeport. Bob had an extensive career in Human Resources with several companies including Bristol-Myers, American Can, and Cadbury Schweppes, a job that took him to London. At Cadbury, he rose the position of Global Head of Human Resources and served on the Board of Directors.

Following retirement from Cadbury in 2009, he served on several boards including the engineering group IMI and the supermarket chain J. Sainsbury. He was also a visiting professor at the Henley Business School and a Trustee and Director of the nonprofit Earthwatch Institute.

On November 11, 2011, Bob married Felicity Catherine and they moved to Sarasota, Florida. Following the birth of twin boys, Bob and Felicity returned to London. In 2016,they welcomed a daughter, Anastasia, into the family.

Bob is survived by wife, Felicity, sons, Walter and Amadeus, and daughter, Anastasia of London; daughter Carolyn Pauciello and grandchildren,Duke and Dominic, of Oakhurst,Pa.; and sisters; Nancy Paddock and Jean Marie Stack of Hanover, Pa.

Bob will be buried on December 21 in London. There will be a memorial Mass at St. Robert Bellarmine Parish at St Aloysius Church, 143 Division St., Wilkes-Barre, at 11 am on January 6,2018.

The class sends its condolences to the family.





David O. Fredrickson

November 13, 2017


David Otis Fredrickson died peacefully on November 13, 2017 in Munson Hospice House, in his hometown of Traverse City, Michigan where he lived.

Dave came to Princeton from Traverse City High School and wrote for the Daily Princetonian freshman and sophomore years. In sophomore year, he roomed with Mike Luger and Lynn Murray in Hamilton Hall. Lynn Murray recalled, "David was the first person that I had ever met that had a perfect score on their SAT’s.  His father was an attorney and owned a cherry orchard.  He was an insatiable reader and many a cold night could be found with a good book, his pipe, and sometimes a snifter of Drambuie or cognac."
He became a member of Terrace Club. David majored in History and wrote his thesis on Nathaniel Hawthorne.

Following graduation, the strong ties of family and geography pulled him back to northern Michigan and a family cherry farm. In 1977, he graduated from the University of Michigan Law School and again returned to his beloved Traverse City for his professional career. His keen interest in current events, politics and history will be greatly missed by his family and friends. 

Dave was a member of the Grace Episcopal Church in Traverse City and a volunteer at that church’s Jubilee House, which serves the temporarily disadvantaged. He was active in the Democratic Party of Traverse City.

David was born June 16, 1950 in Traverse City; the son of Daphne O. Fredrickson and the late James R. Fredrickson of Traverse City. He was preceded in death by his brother Donald Fredrickson in March 2017. He is survived by his sister and brother-in-law, Pamela and Scott Sullivan of Alamo, CA, his brother and sister-in-law, James and Cynthia Fredrickson of Suttons Bay; his nieces and nephews, Ashley Fredrickson, Christopher Fredrickson, Patrick Sullivan, Brian Sullivan; and his aunt, Joyce Harper.

The class sends its condolences to the family.



Stephanie Edwards Diehl ’98, h72

July 16, 2017


Our class has learned of the untimely death on July 16 , 2017 of Stephanie Edwards Diehl, an honorary classmate who passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in St. George Utah. Showing the same zest for life she shared with our class when she chaired our 25th Reunion Crew, Stephanie passed away while doing something that she loved, waterskiing with her family and friends on Lake Powell.

Stephanie, the mother of three, was forty-one years old.

Stephanie came to Princeton from San Diego. She majored in English and played volleyball. She was a four-year starter on the varsity volleyball team that won 3 Ivy League Titles. Individually, Stephanie made the All Ivy Team 3 years and was the Ivy League Tournament MVP in 1997. She is #5 all time in Princeton women’s volleyball history for “kills”. Stephanie’s association with the class began indirectly with her brother Sean Edwards ’92, h72, who co-chaired our 20th reunion crew. Fritz Cammerzell and Robby Robinson, our reunion co-chairs, ever on the look out for talent, selected Stephanie to chair our 25th reunion crew.

Upon graduating Princeton, the palm trees and the beaches of her native San Diego beckoned, so she returned home. After an internship with the San Diego Padres during their World Series run in 1998, she began a long and successful career in telecom sales.

Her love of sports and volley ball led to her meeting and falling in love with Chuck Diehl. Steph and Chuck married in 2003, and had three beautiful children; Jackson (11), Carson (9), and Nicole (6). She was a caring and deeply devoted mother, who cherished every moment with her children.

In addition to Chuck and her children, Stephanie is survived by her parents; siblings, Rex (Molly) Edwards and Sean (Jessie) Edwards. She also leaves behind several loving nieces and nephews.

The Class extends its sympathy to her family at this sorrowful loss.



Patton Greene "Pat” Lochridge

June 1, 2017

We received notice that Patton G. Lochridge died peacefully at his home in Austin, Texas of a glioblastoma. He was 67 years old. While Pat was not with us long, leaving after freshman year, his presence was large—from the stetson down to his boots. Pat came to Princeton from Austin High School in Austin. He played freshman football and was, as one classmate recalled, an active participant in the creative Brown-Dod rivalry. The University of Texas called Pat home for his second year and eventual graduation.

Pat then attended the University of Texas Law School. There he was an Associate Editor of the Texas Law Review, Order of the Coif and was named Chancellor at Large in 1975. Following a clerkship in the Ninth Circuit, Pat joined the Austin Law firm of McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP where he practiced law for 38 years. He served as managing partner from 2000 to 2016 while maintaining an extremely active practice.

Pat was recognized many times for his skills and accomplishments as a trial lawyer. He was a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, and the American Board of Trial Advocates. In 2017 he was recognized as a Texas Legal Legend by the Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas, and as the University of Texas Law School's Outstanding Alumnus for 2016.

Among his many activities, Pat had a deep fondness for rugby. He helped found and establish the Austin Huns that have grown to become one of the top club teams in the United States. He also helped establish the Austin Area High School Rugby team in 1997, which soon after founding played for the National

High School Championship tournament and then made a memorable tour of New Zealand. Pat also was a local beat reporter covering AAHS athletics for the local papers, writing under the not-so-effective nom de plume, Charles Vermont.

Pat is survived by his wife, Candace Lundgren Lochridge, his four children, Eleanor Anne Lochridge, Patton Greene Lochridge, Jr., Joseph Lundgren Lochridge, and Lloyd Wallace Lochridge, and two grandchildren, Eleanor Katherine Lochridge and Anne Arden Lochridge. He is also survived by his father, Lloyd P. Lochridge, Jr. ‘38, his sisters, Georgia Lochridge, Hope Lochridge and Frances Lochridge Perez and her husband, A. R., his brother, Lloyd P. Lochridge III, his nieces, Molly Powers, Bonnie Meagher, Jenny Galvin, nephew, Will Leavitt, and an army of close friends. Pat was preceded in death by his mother, Frances Potter Lochridge and his sister, Anne Lochridge Leavitt.


The class sends condolences to his family.


Gerald "Gerry” S. Couzens


May 26, 2017

As we gathered for our 45th Reunion, we learned that Gerald Secor Couzens, known to us as Gerry died suddenly on the previous Friday, May 26, 2017. He was 67.   Gerry came to Princeton from Sacred Heart High School in Yonkers, New York, where he was an accomplished basketball player. He played center on the basketball team and majored in Sociology. He was a member of Cottage Club.

After graduation, Gerry played basketball in France with our late classmate, Al Dufty. Following Princeton, Gerry turned his love of sports into a writing career as the author and co-author of numerous books on sports and health related topics. He wrote more than 30 books in the fields of medicine and health care, often co-authored with eminent doctors, published by Simon and Shuster, Harper Collins and other top houses. He produced a number of healthcare newsletters for Johns Hopkins, UC-Berkley, and other renowned institutions.


He was known as a joyful and humble man that knew the true meaning of life. His unparalleled talent, curiosity, and intellect were exceeded only by his generosity and love. He is survived by his wife, Elisa Michel Couzens and four children, Mary, Gerald III, Dominic and Rose, siblings, Jane Lavendier, Jon "Jay", Malcolm, Mark, and Nick and a large extended family of nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends. He was predeceased by his parents and one brother. The wake will be on June 1st and 2nd from 4pm-8pm at Frank E. Campbell Funeral Home at 1076 Madison Avenue. Burial will be private.


The class sends its condolences to the family.



Geoffrey Gardiner "Geoff” Young

February 19, 2017

We have learned of the death of our classmate Geoff Young of Chattanooga, Tennessee on Sunday Feb. 19, 2017, during a hospitalization. Geoff came to Princeton from Sharon, Connecticut after attending the Groton School. He joined Tiger Inn as a sophomore and was a stalwart on the Rugby club team. He majored in religion.

Following Princeton, Geoff received his law degree from Vermont Law School in South Royalton, Vermont. Geoff enjoyed a full and extensive legal career at Witt, Gaither & Whitaker, PC, Shumacker, Witt, Gaither & Whitaker, PC and Miller and Martin. He recently was involved in a startup business to manufacture bicycles.

Geoff was very active and committed to service in the Chattanooga community. Among the many organizations, he served as board President of The Fortwood Center, now Helen Ross McNabb Center; board President of the Girls Inc.; board member of Bright School and the board Chair at Memorial Health Care System Foundation. He was also on the Executive Committee at Partnership for Families, Children and Adults, Chairman of the Alumni Schools Committee for Southern Tennessee for Princeton University, a Founding Board Member for The Chattanooga Community Kitchen, and was the board Chair and 20-year member of the YMCA of Metropolitan Chattanooga, He was also board Chair for Rosewood Supportive Services Inc.; a member of the Rotary Club of Chattanooga; The Chattanooga Bar Association, and a vestry member of St, Pauls Episcopal Church. Geoff will best be remembered for his love of his wife, children, grandchildren, family, and many friends. He was a man of gentle spirit and a kind and giving heart.

Geoff was preceded in death by his parents, Muriel Schwab and Gardiner Young Class of 1943. He is survived by his wife, Jean Burke Young; his children, Matthew Gardiner Young and wife, Amy Danielle; Geoffrey Logan Young and wife, Marget Yuspeh all of Chattanooga; Jennifer Burke Traynor, Knoxville, Tenn., and Zachary Lawrence Traynor, Delray Beach, Fla. grandchildren, Hayes Freeman and Andie Rayson Young of Chattanooga and sister, Deborah Hawthorn, Woodstock, Vt.

The class sends its condolences to the family.


Gregory G. "Greg” Magee

January 12, 2017

We have learned of the sudden, unexpected death of Gregory G. Magee of Englewood, New Jersey on January 12, 2017. Born February 6, 1950, he was 66 years old. Known to classmates and teammates as Greg, he came to Princeton from Fort Lee High School in Englewood. His easy going personality was in some contrast to his enjoyment of competition and team sports. He lettered as a wide receiver on the football team.


Sophomore year, Greg roomed with Alex Blane, Jr. and Peter Hunter. His junior year roommates were Dennis Burns, William Zwecker, Jr. and Brian McCullough. Greg majored in Biology.

After Princeton, Greg attended medical school at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine graduating in 1976. He completed a residency in internal medicine at North Shore University Medical Center in 1979, followed by a pulmonary fellowship at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He was board certified in internal medicine, pulmonary medicine and critical care.

Greg established his own practice of pulmonary medicine in Englewood in 1982 and worked tirelessly for the well-being of his patients. He was active in his community and professional organizations. He served as a Diplomat for the American Board of Sleep Medicine and was President of the Medical staff and Chairman of the Board of Governors of Palisades General Hospital. Most recently, he served as Director for Sleep/Wake Center at Palisades/Hackensack UMC. Throughout his professional life he was committed to lifelong learning and healing. He volunteered his services with Nova Hope for Haiti, an organization that supports medical clinics in that nation. He was much loved by his patients, their families and the fellow professionals he worked with.

Greg loved to tend his garden, play golf, walk in the woods, spend quality time with his family and to travel. Two years ago, he and Robin joined the class trip to Yellowstone and Little Big Horn National Battlefield.

Greg is survived by his wife Robin, his daughters Carrie and Erin; sons-in-law Anderson and Kelvin; his brother, Kevin and sisters Susan and Stacy and six grandchildren.


The Class extends condolences to the family.


Rob Hamm prepared this entry for his friend and our classmate Robert "Bob" Ringler who suffered the effects of schizophrenia and died nearly six years ago.   Our thanks to Rob for working with Bob Ringler’s sister to prepare this portrait for Crossings. 

Merc Morris

Robert W. Ringler

July 7, 2011

Robert W."Bob” Ringler, 60, died in Los Angeles on July 7, 2011 of complications from schizophrenia which overtook him soon after graduation. Many of his best years and finest friendships occurred at Princeton.

Bob came to Princeton from The University of Chicago Lab School by way of a gap-year studying German in Austria. Amiable and jocular, he was a close friend to many among themHarold Bursztajn 72. A Psychology major, he completed his thesis on dreaming under the aegis of Henry Reed using the Green Hall basement sleep lab.

After graduation, he joined Rob Hamm working as research assistants at Educational Testing Service. The two lived on Witherspoon Street with Charlie Crane '71, Kim Ruth ’72 and Truitt Bush ’73 and they shared many dinners and conversations with John Drimmer. Bob began his exploration of meditation, yoga and Buddhism.

Eventually, Bob returned to the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago to again study classical piano with Margit Varro. He later lived in Pasadena, CA where he practiced meditation,studiedmany religions and read voraciously.

His disease took much of his personality and his ability to experience joy, but he remained convinced that we are all connected and need to protect the Earth. Even mental illness did not disrupt certain core values and his natural generosity prevailed.

Bob is pre-deceased by his parents William A. Ringler (BA 1934, PhD 1937) and Evelyn Dressner Ringler. He is survived by two sisters: Susan Ringler of Cambridge, MA ( and Anne-Marie Nicol of Perth, Scotland (




  John A. "OD” O’Donovan, Jr.

          July 30, 2016

We regret to inform the class that John O’Donovan, "OD”, a big and big-hearted classmate died from a reoccurrence of cancer on July 30, 2016 in Manchester, New Hampshire where he had recently moved from Middletown, Rhode Island his home for many years. He was 65 years old.


John came to Princeton from Brighton, Massachusetts, a graduate of the Boston Latin School. He arrived early in 1968 to join other freshmen football players where he quickly met his core of friends and just as quickly, became known as "OD.” As a sophomore, he was a participating member of the revitalization of Dial Lodge. That year, he roomed with Fred Ecclestone, John Giovannone, Jim Graf, Matt Mancuso, Steve Sikora, Pete Wendell and Brian Williams in a group that would be known as the Little Hall Gang. John earned a varsity letter as a member of the football team. A devout Catholic, he was a participant in the Princeton Aquinas Institute. He majored in politics.

Following Princeton, John worked in real estate for a number of years, then migrated to DMR Associates in Wellesley, MA. He followed his love of computer programming into a career as an information management consultant, which led to his establishing his own networking and marketing firm. In recent years, John continued to grow beyond his Princeton circle, making many new friends among animal lovers and fellow motorcycle enthusiasts, many of whom he rode with for multiple years in New England.

John was the son of the late John A. and Catherine Mansfield O’Donovan of Brighton, MA. He is survived by his sisters, Mary E. McDonald and her husband, Edward A. McDonald of Brooklyn, and Sheila F. Burke and her husband, Gerard F. Burke of Milton, MA.


He was known and adored as "Uncle J” to nephews Brian A. McDonald and wife Rebecca, Sean E. McDonald and wife Melissa (all of Brooklyn), Michael O. McDonald and Gerard F. Burke, Jr and wife Andrea (London, England) and Erin S. Burke of South Boston, MA.


He was also the loving great uncle of Margaret L. McDonald, Liam E. McDonald, Quinn V. McDonald and Owen G. Burke. He is also survived by many loving cousins and friends.

The Class sends its condolences to his family.


Christopher Michael Ragus

May 30, 2016

We learned that Chris Ragus died peacefully at his home in Canandaigua, New York after an extended struggle with the consequences of three strokes he suffered in September 2013. Chris was 65 years old.

Chris came to Princeton from New York City, living first in the Bronx and then later in Westchester County where he attended Scarsdale High School. While at Princeton, he was a member of Wilson College and participated in Theater Intime. He majored in history. After Princeton, Chris attended Columbia University where he graduated with a Masters in Architecture in 1979. Chris pursued his academic interests of European Cultural History and Anatomy, characteristic of his broad curiosity and diverse interests and abilities.


Chris brought his talents, skills and aesthetic judgement to Rochester, NY where he had a satisfying career in architecture from 1979 until 2013. He was involved with the design and construction of civic, commercial and residential buildings throughout this region while working for the firms, Giroux Doran and Low, Handler Grosso, KF Architects and Torchia Structural Engineering and Design. His work demonstrated a deep appreciation and understanding of architectural history, landscape, materials, proportion and of the skills of the trades. He loved every minute he put into his work.

Chris is survived by his wife Saralinda Hooker 73, who brought him to the Finger Lakes, and by his son, Alex Ragus of the Finger Lakes and the Pacific Northwest; his siblings, Jeremy Ragus of Charlotte, NC and Naples, FL, and Amy Ragus of Walpole, MA; as well as many nieces, nephews, cousins and their children.

The Class extends its sympathy to the family.




Richard C. "Tank” Frank

September 10, 2015

We recently learned of the September death in California of Rich Frank, known throughout his Princeton years as "Tank.” He died peacefully of complications attending kidney failure at Mercy San Juan Hospital in Fair Oaks, California at the age of 65.

Rich was born on April 16,1950 in New York City to Irene and Samuel Frank, Jr, ’46. He attended The Lawrenceville School in Lawrenceville, NJ, lettering in football and then entered Princeton as a part of the "Lawrenceville team” of 19 graduates who enrolled in our class. He followed his father and older brother, Samuel M. Frank III, ‘69 to Princeton.

Rich brought a love of popular music with him to Princeton—his tastes ran towards the electric as was his guitar. He had an easy going and mellow nature

Sophomore year, in a period of unmatched musical creativity and change, Rich became a nighttime "DJ” on WPRB, practically becoming nocturnal. 1901 Suite mate Fritz Cammerzell recalled, "I would be leaving at 7 A.M and Rich would be coming in.”

Junior year Rich roomed with Phil Barbaccia, Pete Boyle, Bob Daniels, Emil Deliere, Steve Del Vecchio, John Holden and Paul Ondrasik. Steve Del Vecchio recalled his love of music and the image of Tank strumming his guitar.

Rich made his way west following graduation. According to professional associate, Paul Jubb, Rich spent perhaps a decade working for the Internal Revenue Service before resigning his position to establish an independent practice as an Enrolled Agent, living and working in Carmichael, California.

Paul Jubb described Rich as an accomplished and highly ethical Enrolled Agent, very well respected in his profession by his fellow practitioners. He taught classes to his fellow Enrolled Agents on behalf of the California Society of Enrolled Agents. Whenever an Enrolled Agent had a difficult question, they would turn to Rich for a very creditable answer. His knowledge of IRS practice and procedures was superb. "He did better accidentally, than most people did on purpose,” according to Jubb.

He was very generous and provided much more service to his clients than was customary in his profession. He was very concerned about their business and spent many hours teaching them how to become better record-keepers, sometimes doing the records himself.

Though distant and removed from his Princeton associations, Rich made a good life in California and developed friendships with many of his clients. One paid tribute as follows:

"If you are lucky you may have one great, special friend in your lifetime. I was lucky enough to have Richard for 25 years of my life. Richard was one hell-of a nice guy”.

He was preceded in death by his mother, Irene R. Frank, and his father Samuel Frank, Jr., and brother Samuel M.Frank III, of San Francisco, CA. Richard is survived by his daughter, Elizabeth Macan Lisa Frank.

A remembrance of Richard will be held January 23rd at 12pm to 2pm, at King Palace, 5829 Stockton Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95824.  Please call 916-469-1971, if you plan to attend, or email us at







John Belz Healy ’54 h72

November 15, 2015



One of our honorary classmates, John Belz Healy ’54, died peacefully at his home in Princeton after a long illness. He was 82 years old. For 28 years, John worked for Annual Giving at Princeton and it was with his encouragement, enthusiasm and assistance that our class achieved enviable successes in major campaigns. John was voted an honorary class member May 30, 1997 in recognition of his contribution to our record-setting 25th reunion campaign that raised $5 million and boasted 74% participation. That fiscal year, John worked very closely with Tom Hoster, Bob Murley and Dennis Murphy, the latter two he referred to as "Brother Murley” and "Brother Murphy.”

Tom Hoster recalled John saying how much fun he had on the campaign because of our classmates’ dedication to the effort and that he couldn’t believe that they "paid him to do this job.”

We continue to draw on the successful partnership with John in 1997: we use the Class of 1972 Dining Room in Whitman Hall and Princeton professors line up to have their courses funded by our hugely successful Class Teaching Initiative. More than that, perhaps, John’s spirit and enthusiasm for Princeton infused our class leadership. His gift does indeed keep giving.

John was born in Philadelphia on March 1, 1933, attended St. Joseph’s Preparatory Academy and obtained a post high school degree from Episcopal Academy in Philadelphia. Following graduation from Princeton in 1954 and received a Doctor of Laws from the University of Pennsylvania. He had a career in advertising with Colgate Palmolive and Doyle Dane Bernbach in New York City before beginning his career with Annual Giving at Princeton.

He is survived by his wife of 54 years, Gertrude, his two children, Ann and John, five granddaughters, and a sister, Elizabeth Muller (John) and several nieces and nephews.




Richard William "Rick” Lang, Jr.

October 8, 2015


Richard W. Lang, Jr., amiably known as Rick, died October 8, 2015 at Overlook Hospital in Summit, NJ surrounded by his loving family. He was 65. He was a congenial, easy-going New Jersey native, born in Plainfield. He lived in both Westfield and Scotch Plains for more than thirty years with his loving wife, Barbara, and two children, Rick Jr. and Morgan.


Rick will be remembered as an active and engaged member of Princeton. At the end of September, he and Barbara joined Dave Kixmiller, Vinnie Lynch, Robby Robinson and Jono Peters and their spouses for dinner in New York City, an occasion that made his passing so soon after even more poignant.

Rick came to Princeton by way of the Pingry School and Plainfield High School where he was a distinguished graduate and left a legacy through the "Richard Lang Outstanding Graduate Award." While attending PHS, Rick served as President of the student council and was a standout on the 1967 State Champion football team. Through his academic and extra curricular successes, Lang came to Princeton where he played football and squash while serving as social chairman for the Cottage Club. His gratitude for his Princeton years was expressed by a perfect record of annual giving participation.

After graduating in 1972, Rick began a notable career in banking as the manager of the United National Bank, Netherwood branch. He moved on to Manhattan where he rose to become a managing director for Smith Barney before retiring. He served on the Board of Trustees of the Hillside Cemetery in Scotch Plains and as Vice President of the Log Cabin Gun Club in Warren.

During his lifetime, Rick stayed active at both the Plainfield Country Club, where he was a third generation lifetime member, and the Bay Head Yacht Club. His athletic pursuits included golf, tennis, platform tennis, and boating. He also loved vacationing with his family to their home in Townshend, VT. His true passion was spent following in his father's footsteps, trap shooting on Saturday afternoons with his friends at the Log Cabin Gun Club.

While Rick enjoyed many activities throughout his life, his greatest passion was spending time with his beloved friends and family. Rick's greatest loves were his wife, Barbara, of 35 years and two children, Ricky (34) and Morgan (31). He was a man of boundless compassion, kindness, and humor who was nearly always found trying to care for and better the lives of his friends and family. Whether through a hand of cards, a round of golf, or engaging in meaningful personal conversations, Rick went out of his way to make everyone feel special. Rick's caring presence will be dearly missed, but will always continue to be felt by all.

Rick is survived by his loving wife, Barbara Betner Lang; his two children, Richard William Lang III, former Lieutenant Commander US Navy, currently in medical school at Rutgers RWJ, and Morgan Lang Hutter and her husband Lieutenant Commander Ian Patrick Hutter, US Navy; his mother, Lois Lippincott Lang; his sister, Suzanne Lippincott Lang; his two sisters-in-law, Sandra Betner and husband Marc Chaikin, and Harriet "Cookie" Benckert and husband Joseph Benckert; and his two nephews, Rusty and Warren Belsinger.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in his memory to Grace Cottage Hospital Foundation, PO Box 1, Townshend, Vermont 05353 or to the Log Cabin Gun Club Trust, PO Box 615, Chatham, NJ 07928. A private interment will be held at Hillside Cemetery in Scotch Plains. There will be a service Friday, October 16, 2015 at Plainfield Country Club, 1591 Woodland Ave., Edison to celebrate his life at 4:00 PM, with a Tribute to Rick beginning at 5:30 PM.

Khalid Lum

September 8, 2015



Khalid Lum of Hamden, Connecticut, an active community leader in New Haven and a pioneering classmate, died in that city of Lewy Body Dementia after several years of declining health. He was 64 years old.

A native of Jamaica, New York, Khalid came to Princeton from the Hun School of Princeton and was known by his given name, Eric F. Lum. Classmates recall that in freshman year, he participated in crew for a short time.


During his Princeton years, Khalid was a tireless and passionate advocate on behalf of black undergraduates. He was a research assistant for the development of a library for the nascent Afro-American Studies Program; Chairman of the Fellowship Committee of the Association of Black Collegians and was active in the establishment of the Third World Center, the precessor of the Fields Center. His activism extended beyond the campus boundaries: he also was a member of the United Front on South Africa.

Frank Pendraza ’75 recalled being befriended by Khalid as a freshman.  "He was warm, charming, brilliant, generous, and extremely friendly.  He shared my passion for community involvement. I will always remember the times when we went to Trenton during Thanksgiving.  He bought turkeys for poor families and we distributed them.”

Khlaid majored in politics and following graduation assumed a founding position with Yale University as the Director of the Afro-American Cultural Center. Khalid guided the center to the stability necessary to allow for the hiring of a student staff and for the Center to sponsor a variety of events and programs aimed at forging a strong link between the center and the New Haven Community.

Khalid worked as a reporter for the New Haven Independent and became active in local politics serving as press secretary for New Haven’s first African-American mayor, John C. Daniels. He also ran the Greater New Haven African-American Historical society.

Khalid is survived by his daughter, Khadihja Lum Bshara and husband Timothy Bshara and son Khalid Lum, a sister, Katherine Curry and husband Bill and their two sons. The class sends its condolences to the family.


Thomas Austin Finch

March 3, 2015


Thomas Austin Finch III, known as Austin and to some of you as Tommy, died March 3, 2015 of heart failure in Sapphire Valley, North Carolina where he had moved last year with his wife, Jill Meredith Finch. His health had been fragile for a number of years.

Austin was from Thomasville, North Carolina, from a family who made significant contributions to that state’s furniture industry and industrial development. He followed his father, Thomas Austin Finch, Jr. ’44 to Princeton.

Austin arrived at Princeton in the fall of 1968, a Summa cum Laude graduate and one of seven classmates from Woodberry Forest School, Woodberry Forest, Virginia including Francis Bagbey, Jon Buchan, Wayne "Wink” Cline, Buck Close, Mike Corbett and Bobby Glenn. At Woodberry Forest, he was governor of the Investment Club, a foreshadowing of his career in business and investing.

Freshman year he roomed with Jon Buchan and Wink Cline in 1901 Hall and sophomore year with Jesse Davidson and Wilson McWilliams.

Austin majored in Economics and was a member of Cap and Gown Club. His senior thesis was on the regulation of public utilities and; he graduated Magna Cum Laude. Following Princeton, he attended the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania earning a MBA. Austin joined Kidder Peabody and Co., in New York City, working as an investment banker. He then became a partner and vice president of Salomon Brothers, a career from which he retired. He lived in New York City before moving to Sea Island Georgia. He was active in class affairs for a number of years and served as a special gifts chair prior to our 25th reunion.

Austin enjoyed sailing, scuba diving, foreign travel, and the statistics side of baseball. He had a generally quiet demeanor and was softspoken but well known for his ability to tell show stopping jokes.

He is survived by his wife, Jill Meredith Finch and his mother, Meredith Person Michener; brothers, John Lambeth Finch and wife Donna, David Slane Finch and wife Peggy, Sumner Slane Finch and wife Elizabeth; and his sister, Meredith Kempton Finch. Although he had no children, he was a generous uncle to his many nieces and nephews.

The Class of 1972 extends its condolences to his family.

Please find below a link to an obituary in the Brunswick News


We recently received information regarding the passing of Marc Toma in 2013.

Marc S. Toma


June 19, 2013

Marc Toma passed away at his home in California after a long illness. "Toma”, came to Princeton from Deerfield, Ill, a gifted athlete who played freshman football. He was easily recognized by his near white blond hair.

Marc majored in sociology. After junior year, he travelled in Europe and Africa and explored medicine as a career while researching for a vascular surgeon. A senior year course in architecture directed his thesis to the use of roof top space in New York.

Upon graduation he moved to Colorado and worked in construction, eventually deciding to go to graduate school in architecture at the graduate program at the University of California-Berkeley. He met his wife to be, Karen Burks, also an architecture student, at the end of his first year. They traveled to Norway together on a fellowship, returning to join the San Francisco practice of one of his professors. In 1981, Marc and Karen spent seven months in Alaska on a design project, deciding then to start their own practice upon their return to Berkeley. In 1984, they had their first son, Matthew, and formed BurksToma Architects.

Marc’s close personal friends describe him as fiercely loyal, thoughtful, and protective of those he cared about. He was a gentle and polite man and a liberal thinker with a wide span of intellectual interests. He was confident but modest, possessing a calm and thoughtful voice on social and political issues. He was perpetually curious, and often questioned established ways of doing things. He loved poetry, the power of carefully selected words, and the thoughtfulness of brevity. He loved his wife Karen, and took extraordinary joy from watching his sons Matt and Walker play football and baseball. He loved the Sierra Mountains, the Rockies, thoughtful and intelligent people, books, his dog Gus, long walks, good conversation, scotch, Armagnac, Kauai, Cal football. He proclaimed equal affection for both the Giants and the Oakland A’s. He didn’t like the Yankees.

Years of meditation had helped him discern who was important to him and what was important to him. He was a fine man, a good man and an honest man. Those who knew him loved him. Those who didn’t should wish they had.


He is survived by his immediate family a brother and sister. The Classes of 1972 and 1973 extend their condolences to the family.

 Michael Morgan

February 6, 2015

Michael "Mike” Morgan, who carried a love of music from St. Paul’s School to Princeton and throughout his legal career in St. Louis, died on February 6, 2015 after a fierce battle with brain cancer. In August of 2014, Michael journeyed to Little Compton, RI for a reunion of sophomore roommates Jeff Hoagland, Jim Robinson, and Jonathan McCall. George Peper also was at the gathering that was featured in the October 8 PAW Classnotes.

Michael was from Cleveland and attended the Hawken School there before graduating from St. Paul’s School in 1968. He majored in politics at Princeton and continued his musical pursuits as a member of a rock and roll band. His thesis was on Philanthropy and Politics. He was a member of Ivy Club.

After Princeton, Mike worked as a journalist before entering the Case Western Reserve School of Law in Cleveland, graduating in 1979. He joined the Bryan, Cave law firm that year working in the St. Louis office. During his tenure, he worked in its offices in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, in London and in Hong Kong, where he opened an office for the firm in 1994. He returned to St. Louis in 1996 and established a private practice before joining the firm Gallop, Johnson and Neuman, LC and eventually Greensfelder, Hemker and Gale, where he remained of counsel to the firm until he died.

Mike was a member of the Princeton Club of St. Louis and active in local and regional alumni affairs. He also was a supporter of Prison Performing Arts.

He is survived by his wife, Mary Armstrong Goodyear Morgan, whom he married in 1983; daughter, Phoebe; a son, Nicholas (fiancée, Katherine Fletcher); step–daughters Cameron and Dana Goodyear; sister Martha Estes (Duane); and brother Dixon (Claire); and four grandchildren.

The Class extends its condolences to the family.





James M. Brink

Jim Brink—ever known only by his last name and for his irrepressible laugh-was tragically killed in an automobile accident in Encino, California on November 12, 2014. He was 63 years old, a beloved husband and father and a celebrated chemistry teacher and coach at the Harvard Westlake School in North Hollywood, California.

Born October 14, 1950, Brink was the oldest of four siblings and came to Princeton from Denver after graduating from Denver South High School. Freshman year he landed on the fourth floor of Witherspoon Hall with roommate Donald Prowler (d. 2002). West met East in a lasting handshake; they roomed together for the duration. Jim played freshman baseball and as a sophomore, he joined the group who reestablished Dial Lodge as an active club.

Along with his stalwart roommate, Don Prowler, Brink had an ever widening group of friends at Princeton including Bill Brockman, Doug Harrison, Pete Wettstein, Jeff Smith and Jim Weber. Brink brought laughter to any room and every moment. He had a quick wit and quirky sense of observation that charged comic commentary on any occasion.

A Dial club member complaining about an unclean utensil earned this wry assurance from passing waiter, Brink:

"If it won’t come off in the dishwasher, it won’t come off in your mouth.”

He majored in Chemical Engineering and lab mate Doug Harrison recalled his quick intellect and his love of life…so much so his senior year, that he got to hang around for another to finish his thesis.

Brink participated in the Teacher Preparation Program receiving a secondary level teaching certificate in math and the sciences. He was also an active volunteer at Princeton YMCA. While at Princeton, he met his future wife Vivian L. Salamandra. After Princeton, Brink and Vivian moved to Denver and then in 1979 he started a career in California in what would be his true calling:   Teach, coach and mentor young minds. 

He is survived by his wife Vivian L. Brink, daughters Lacey C. and Marissa V. Brink of Tarzana, California, brothers Kirk and Joel and sister Colette Houdin and numerous nieces and nephews.

The class sends our deepest regrets to the family at the dimming of one of our brightest lights.

Jim's wife Viv sent us the following information about Jim's Memorial Service 

Jim's Memorial Service was held at Harvard-Westlake on Nov. 20.  The school live streamed his service for alumni and former faculty.If Jim's friends, from Dial Lodge, want to see the service it has been archived on  They can also access the Harvard-Westlake newspaper, The Chronicle, published Nov. 19 in the archives section to read, "Community Grieves for Science Teacher," pages 1 and 11 at .

We received the following remembrance from Tom Hudnut '69, a colleague of Jim at Harvard-Westlake school:

I worked with Jim Brink ’72 for 26 years at Harvard-Westlake School in Los Angeles. Jim always had time – made time – for his students. Any kid having difficulty with chemistry or physics knew that Mr. Brink would be there to help, whether at seven in the morning or seven in the evening. Funny and smart,  his students loved him. He was also head baseball coach and a position coach in football for many years; his knowledge of sport was encyclopedic and his enthusiasm, contagious. Although a dedicated competitor – he often won the faculty football and basketball pools – Jim will be most remembered at school for his endless patience, his ability to make complex matter intelligible, his perpetual good cheer and his unfailing devotion to his students.

The article makes it sound as though he died in a car accident, but it is clear now that he suffered a catastrophic medical event that precipitated the accident. Typically, the night he died he had been working late at school to prepare the following day’s lab experiments.

I hope this is helpful in preparing something for PAW.

Best wishes,

Tom Hudnut ‘69

Retired Headmaster, Harvard-Westlake School

A memorial gift website can be found here.



Jim Pritchard
October 23, 2013


We learned in spring that James L. "Jim” Pritchard died October 21, 2013 in Madison, Alabama. He was 68. Jim came to Princeton from Beaufort, SC as a member of the Class of 1967, eventually joining the Class of 1972 in 1969 after serving as a Sergeant in the United States Air Force in Vietnam. Classmates recall that as a freshman he arrived in Princeton via the "dinky,” hailing a taxi to take him and his luggage to his dorm. He was looped through town and finally delivered his room in Pyne Hall, which overlooked the dinky. As an upperclassman, Jim was a member of Charter Club; following Princeton he received an MBA from Duke University in 1974.

His career in carried him to Denver with Gulf Mineral Resources and ultimately to Houston with Great Western Resources.

Jim was preceded in death by his parents Clarence "Jack” Pritchard and Hazel Ruth Pritchard. He was buried with full military honors close to his parents at Quantico National Cemetery, Triangle, VA.

He is survived by his brothers, Jerry Pritchard of Ardmore, AL and Robert Pritchard of San Diego, CA; "adopted” sister, Kate Chipps of Dumfries, VA; and nephews Dan and Chris Pritchard. To them, we offer our sympathy.

Kirk Alexander

Kirk Alexander, a Davis resident who was instrumental in helping the University of California develop on-line courses, passed away peacefully at home on October 1 after a courageous 4-year battle with cancer. His wife Joan and daughters Kate and Christine were by his side. He was 63 years old.

Kirk was born in Denver, Colorado on June 9, 1950 the first son of parents Bruce D. and Phyllis S. ("Chick”) Alexander. He spent his early years in Denver, but attended high school in the east, graduating from Choate preparatory school (’68). Kirk received a B.A. degree in Art History (’72) and a M.S. degree in Civil Engineering (’75) from Princeton University. In 1975, Kirk went to work for Princeton University, where he led various educational technology projects until 2003. He lived in the Princeton area for 35 years. In 2003, Kirk and his family moved to Davis, California, where he managed educational technology and online learning projects at the University of California. Kirk married Joan Ogden in 1989 and they have two daughters Kate Alexander, 23, of Somerville, MA, and Christine Alexander, 19, of New York City, NY.

Kirk had a lifelong love of the beauty he found in nature, art and technology. This love was expressed in his work, and in his many avocations and interests. Kirk was a pioneer in using computer technology in the humanities. As a student he developed some of the first-ever computer models of Gothic cathedrals which enabled new understandings of architectural history. He led Princeton’s University’s Interactive Computer Graphics Laboratory in the 1980s, a seedbed for creative use of graphics in science, math and the arts. He was the technical lead on the Piero project, a sophisticated use of computer graphics in art history. A rare mind who could travel in both the art and technology worlds, Kirk brought the practitioners of these disciplines together in new ways and catalyzed new insights. Over the past few years, he worked as Technology Lead for UC Online Education at University of California's Office of the President. He had a brilliant intellect and a wonderful ability to see things from many sides, combined with humor and realism.

Kirk loved the outdoors and was an avid hiker, biker, skier and kayaker. Some of his happiest times were spent hiking the trails around Miramonte, the Alexander family mountain home in Coal Creek canyon, Colorado. He also loved astronomy, and spent many hours stargazing and seeking to understand the universe. He especially enjoyed star parties, taking his daughters on jaunts into the country to look at deep sky wonders.

Kirk was generous and giving and made many good friends throughout the world. They will miss him dearly. Kirk served his community through his involvement with the Davis Schools Foundation, Tuleyome, and the Sacramento Valley Astronomical Society.

Kirk is survived by his wife Joan Ogden of Davis, California and his daughters Kate and Christine. Also surviving are his father Bruce D. Alexander, and brothers Bruce K. and wife Lisa; Paul and wifeCarolyn, three nieces Madison, Sarah, and Morgan and nephew Colton and several cousins, all of Denver. His family and friends will miss him keenly.

Many people helped during the last months of Kirk’s life and the family feels truly blessed by their kindness. A celebration of Kirk’s life will be held in Davis at a later time to be determined. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests making a donation in Kirk’s name to the environmental charity of your choice or to Yolo Hospice


John Giovannone

John Joseph Giovannone died September 26th at the age of 63 with his wife and immediate family by his side in his San Juan Capistrano home.

A graduate of Hastings Law School (JD ’75, captain of the Hastings Rugby Club), Princeton University (AB Physics ’72, member of the football and rugby teams), and Loyola High School in Los Angeles (’68), John was a corporate/securities attorney with over 30 years of experience and he was universally respected in his industry having received many accolades and acknowledgments for his professional prowess.

Born April 8, 1950 of Italian immigrant parents John and Josephine, John-- better known to classmates as "Bananas” or "G”-- arrived at Princeton as a single-wing center, the rarest of football specialists of a waning era. When Princeton abandoned the single-wing offense in 1969, John joked that he was the first of our class to be downsized or "obsoleted,” typical of his sunny ever-optimistic outlook. John was a member of the Little Hall gang and his junior and senior roommates were Matt Mancuso, John O’Donovan, Fred Ecclestone, Steve Sikora, Jim Graf, Brian Williams, and Peter Wendell. He joined the group of sophomores that reopened the Dial Lodge club and was (in)famous for his wonder dog, Kerby, and his gold-colored Camaro. In mid-September, as his suddenly recurring cancer progressed, suitemate John O’Donovan emceed a Skype® reunion with several friends and suitemates including Pete Belcher, Fred Ecclestone, Tim Howard, Matt Mancuso, Steve Sikora, and Brian Williams, an occasion described as "a lot of stories---a lot of laughter—a lot of love.”

John was equally dedicated outside the office as exhibited by his devotion to his family and multiple charities. As President of the Orange County chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, John made it his mission to educate the public and to one day see a cure for Juvenile Diabetes.

John was an incredibly bright, generous, selfless, zealous and optimistic man. He was the voice of reason and the consummate counselor. He was always available when anyone needed his support or guidance. John’s life left an indelible mark on the lives and hearts of all who knew him well. While his absence leaves an enormous void, and while he is already missed terribly, as he stated at a Dodgers-Giants game two weeks ago (as he powered through remaining items on his bucket list while simultaneously battling brain cancer), he left this world "totally at peace” with his life, and "very proud” of his family: "I’m fortunate to be able to say that.” We should all be so lucky.

John is survived by his wife Cyndi; his son John and wife Lauren and their three children, Emma, Izzie and Jack; his son Brian and fiancée Autumn; and his two daughters Andrea and Katie.

Donations in his name may be made to the JDRF of Orange County:

Kenneth K. Gill, Jr

The class recently learned of the death of Kenneth K. Gill, Jr of Lutherville, MD on January 21, 2013. Kenny entered with the Class of 1971 obtaining his degree with the Class of 1972.

Kenny came to Princeton from Baltimore Polytechnic Institute, one of six freshmen from that school. He played freshman lacrosse and joined the Whig-Cliosophic Society. A biology major, he was a member of Quadrangle Club. Senior year, Kenny roomed in Henry Hall with Herbert "Skip” Beck III, Robert Eichner Jr., Robert Kuenzel and the late James Zarfoss, Jr. His younger brother, Michael W. Gill, joined him at Princeton that year.

He pursued a career as an environmental scientist in Maryland before founding Maryland Spectral Services, Inc., an environmental testing service headquartered in Baltimore in 1988. Kenny was 63 years old.

He is survived by his father, Kenneth K. Gill, Sr. his brother, Michael W. Gill ’75; his sister, Jennifer Guy and her husband, Dan Guy, Jr. and nieces, Katherine and Julia Gill and nephews, Daniel, Brady and Kevin Guy. The classes of 1971 and 1972 extend their condolences to the many members of his extended family.

To view remembrances submitted by classmates, click here